Apparently President Barack Obama did hear about Donald Trump's huuuge announcement. "This all dates back to when we were growing up together in Kenya," Obama joked Wednesday on "The Tonight Show," when Jay Leno -- comparing the situation to himself and David Letterman -- asked about Trump, who earlier today offered to donate $5 million to charity in exchange for a look at the president's college and passport records.
"We had constant run-ins on the soccer field," Obama continued as Leno mimed notching a point down for the commander-in-chief.
And, as it turns out, the two have never even met.
Leno also quizzed Obama about his much-criticized performance in his first debate against Mitt Romney.
"The truth is, this is not a natural way of communicating," Obama explained. "You don't sit next to somebody and have an extended argument with them like that.... With Michelle, I just concede every point. That's why we celebrated our 20th anniversary."
"There are worse things that can happen than forgetting to give your wife a gift," he cracked.
But when discussing his plan to vote early when he visits Illinois on his "48-hour campaign marathon extravaganza" this week, it didn't sound like he's too far in the dog house with the first lady, noting, "Michelle told me she voted for me."
And, good news for trick-or-treaters on Pennsylvania Avenue who may have received fruit last year at the behest of Michelle Obama: "It is an election year, so candy for everybody," Obama announced. "If anybody comes from Ohio to the White House, they will get a Hershey bar about this big," he added, holding his hands far apart.
Finally, the president was asked by a fan who submitted a question via Facebook if there was a cure for Romnesia.
"Obamacare covers preexisting conditions," he said.
- Stephen Colbert talks voter fraud: 'Republicans are just playing defense'
- President Obama offers parenting advice to Jay-Z
- President Obama tells Jon Stewart about first debate: 'I had an off-night'
More in The Clicker:
- 'ANTM' judge Rob Evans has warrant out for his arrest
- Brittany Taltos of 'Bachelor Pad 3' gets head run over by truck
- 'Gangnam' style goofiness on 'Dancing' was a 'godsend,' says Kirstie Alley
- Snooki and fiance: We want baby Lorenzo to have a normal life