So we've gotten reassurance from the Centers for Disease Control that the zombie apocalypse is not coming -- but really, isn't that how every zombie disaster book begins, with a reassurance from the powers that be that all is well? Now here comes AMC, home of "The Walking Dead," trying to stir up even more unrest by setting real-life actors dressed up as zombies to scare the pants off of New Yorkers.
Here, watch the ooky makeup preparation and the terrified screams of children and grown-ups alike as the marketing devices -- sorry, zombies -- shamble around town, deliver mail, offer up traffic tickets and, of course, get a dirty water dog. With mustard.
The parting shot of a walker dragging a home satellite dish is the kicker -- this is, of course, a plea to get AMC and other stations back on to the Dish Network. Check it out!
- 10 things we learned about upcoming TV from Comic-Con
- Video: David Morrissey on 'The Walking Dead'
- 'Walking Dead' premiere date revealed
- 'The Walking Dead' gets a first-person shooter
More in The Clicker:
- 'Downton Abbey' a soap opera? Lady Mary doesn't mind
- 'Dexter's' Jennifer Carpenter: Romance is 'on the back burner'
- 'American Horror Story' creator tweets photo of new characters