Yvette Wilson appeared in 1990s hit "Moesha." Clockwise from center left, the "Moesha" cast was Brandy Norwood, Sheryl Lee Ralph, Lamont Bentley, Wilson, Marcus T. Paulk (front), Countess Vaughn and William Allen Young,
Yvette Wilson, who played Andell Wilkerson on 1990s hit "Moesha" and its spinoff "The Parkers," has died at 48, NewsOne is reporting.
Wilson's "Moesha" co-star Shar Jackson tweeted on Friday, "I wanna thank all my tweeties for their prayers but god has chosen to take my sister Yvette home."
NewsOne reported a month ago that Wilson had stage four cervical cancer and kidney failure, and was struggling to pay her medical bills.
Friend Jeffrey Pittle held an online fundraiser that brought in more than $13,000 for Wilson.
Wilson, a Los Angeles native, began her career in stand-up comedy.
She also appeared in "Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood," "Friday," "House Party 3" and other films and TV series.
Do you remember Wilson on "Moesha" or in her other roles? Tell us on Facebook.
More in The Clicker:
- Happy Father's Day to the best (and worst) dads on TV!
- 'Bachelor' creator claims '70 to 80' percent of reality TV is fake
- Nicole Scherzinger confirms she's joining U.K. 'X Factor'
More in TODAY entertainment:
- 'Gone With the Wind' actress Ann Rutherford dies
- How can Doogie Howser be 39?
- Ex-Beatle's birthplace saved from demolition