Bob D'amico / ABC
Melissa Gilbert with dance partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Melissa Gilbert may have been down, but she's certainly not out.
The actress, who wound up in the hospital after she fell while performing the paso doble on "Dancing With the Stars" last night, has given her fans a quick update on her condition via Twitter.
"I'm alright. Mild concussion and whiplash," she tweeted. "Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of."
And clearly there were no hard feelings toward her partner, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, as she later wrote: "@Maksim you are my champion. I adore you."
Meanwhile, at the after party on Monday night, Gilbert was definitely on the minds of her fellow competitors.
"We hope she is OK," Maria Menounos told E! News. "I was really sad because she was really excited to go out tonight and celebrate."
"Hopefully she is all right," added Roshon Fegan.
Here's to seeing Gilbert back on the dance floor sooner than later!
Does Melissa's injury surprise you? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
- 'Dancing With the Stars' live chat with Ree and Anna
- When did Melissa Gilbert's head hit the floor on 'Dancing With the Stars'?
- Melissa Gilbert taken to the hospital during 'Dancing With the Stars'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' reveals elimination twist, but it's too late for one celeb
- Jaleel White and his 'Dancing With the Stars' partner respond to fight rumors
- Kate Gosselin fires back at Anderson Cooper, former 'Dancing With the Stars' partner
- More 'Dancing With the Stars' in The Clicker