Warner Bros. Television Distribution
"X Factor" host Steve Jones visited "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" and explained the hardest part of his job.
If “X Factor” host Steve Jones seems a little tough when talking to the show's panel of experts — in particular, chatty mentor Paula Abdul — he just can’t help it.
During a Tuesday interview on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Jones explained that he’s under a lot of pressure to keep the distractions to a minimum.
“The producers are screaming in my ear to stop,” the former model said. “I’m wearing an earpiece and there’s about five people screaming, ‘Shut Paula up! Shut her up now! Move on!’ I’m going to have hearing damage in this ear by the end of the series. And I feel terrible because I feel on occasions I’m coming across as rude and abrupt and that’s really not me.”
In fact, if he had his way, Abdul could just go on and on.
“I cherish every word that comes out of (Paula's) mouth,” Jones said. “But it’s a two-hour long show. We’re in limited time, and we need a conclusion. Otherwise it will just kind of end and nothing will have happened.”
Because, as he added, “(Paula) just talks and talks and talks doesn’t she? I mean, where’s the off button on this woman?”
“X Factor” fans, what do you think? Does Jones seem rude to Abdul on the show? Share your thoughts on our Facebook page.
- 'X Factor' fallout! Judges face criticism from Simon, threats from fans
- Simon's mea culpa can't save one of two 'X Factor' contestants
- 'X Factor's' Nicole Scherzinger needs to stop playing it safe
- Abdul: Astro 'made a character mistake' on 'X Factor'
- 'Idol' vs. 'X Factor': Who has the better host?
- More on 'X Factor' in The Clicker