Jessica Rinaldi / Reuters
"Saturday Night Live" star Andy Samberg has been named chief shark officer for Shark Week.
• "Saturday Night Live's" Andy Samberg has a new position to add to his resume: first ever chief shark officer for Discovery's super popular Shark Week celebration. "I'm overjoyed about being appointed CSO," Samberg said in Discovery's press release. "Everyone loves Shark Week. It's the Bill Cosby of week-long television blocks dedicated to sea animals." His duties as CSO will have him filming on-air wraps for the weeklong event, host a Shark Week special and possibly swim with the predators.
• Ka-ching! "Jersey Shore's" DJ Pauly D is raking in some serious cash. "He makes at least $500,000 a month," an insider told Life & Style magazine. Besides "Shore," where's all this cash coming from? Apparently, endorsement deals, his own spin-off series and of course, DJ gigs. Spinning tunes "commands up to $40,000 per set, and he does three to six gigs per week," the insider told the magazine.
• If you're excited about the upcoming singing competition "The Voice," you're in luck. NBC has announced that on April 21, it will offer a sneak peek of the show as a lead-in to "The Tonight Show With Jay Leno." Coaches Christina Aguilera, Cee Lo Gree, Adam Levine and Blake Shelton are scheduled to perform "Crazy" that evening. The competition debuts on April 26.
• The Kardashians are taking over TV! Khloe Kardashian and hubby Lamar Odom recently debuted their reality series "Khloe & Lamar" on E!, but now the newlyweds are heading to network TV. The pair will be making a special appearance on the April 25th episode of NBC's "Law & Order: Los Angeles." Kardashian will be playing herself, while Odom will play a celebrity stylist's client.
• "Teen Mom 2" star Leah Messer just filed for divorce from hubby of six months, Corey Simms, on April 15, and things are continuing to get worse. The young mother is gearing up for a custody battle and is worried that her soon-to-be-ex-hubby will get even partial custody, In Touch Weekly reports. A friend of hers also told the magazine that Messer is so worried, she's asked her doctor to prescribe anti-anxiety pills.